“Sex, oddity, horror, transfiguration: Sunny Moraine’s stories cut straight through to the heart of even the most complicated concepts, turning words inside out with truly offensive skill, wringing them for every last scrap of beautiful terror. They will make readers want to write and writers want to stop writing, on the grounds that any idea they might have has demonstrably been done before, and far better.”
— Gemma Files (author of Experimental Film and the Hexslinger series)
Though I’ve been yelling about this already, here’s the Official Announcement: Singing With All My Skin and Bone, my debut short fiction collection, has been properly loosed upon an unsuspecting world!
I mean, a lot of you were suspecting. Because like I said, I was talking about it. Still.
You can purchase it in both ebook and trade paperback formats from Amazon, from Barnes & Noble, and from the publisher itself. Here’s what’s in it:
- Come My Love and I’ll Tell You a Tale
- Singing With All My Skin and Bone
- A Perdition of Salt (new)
- Cold as the Moon
- I Tell Thee All, I Can No More
- Across the Seam
- Dispatches From a Hole in the World
- Event Horizon
- The Horse Latitudes
- All the Literati Keep An Imaginary Friend
- Love Letters to Things Lost and Gained
- Memento Mori
- The Cold Death of Papa November
- So Sharp That Blood Must Flow
- Tell Me How All This (And Love Too) Will Ruin Us
- Love in the Time of Vivisection
- A Shadow on the Sky
- It is Healing, It is Never Whole
- The Throat is Deep and the Mouth is Wide (new)
If you like it, the best thing you can possibly do is review it and/or recommend it. When you’re a smaller name like myself, word of mouth is obviously FUCKING EVERYTHING.
I’ve been hoping that I would be able to do this for a long time now, and it means so much to me that I’ve finally amassed a body of work that a publisher this great thought was worthy of collection and publication. Undertow has done such an amazing job and I’m so grateful to them. They put out incredible books in general, so if you have a thing for the beautifully strange and the strangely beautiful and the gorgeously horrifying and the horrifyingly gorgeous, check out their full catalog.
I’ll be giving away a signed copy of it soon, plus possibly additional goodies, so watch for that.
One thought on “Singing With All My Skin and Bone: it’s heeeeeeeere”