- I’ve finished the semester with my sanity intact. This is a Good Thing.
- I’ve finished the semester with what might actually be the final draft of the novel intact. This is a further Good Thing, because it means that I can start launching it into various slush piles after the holidays. Where it will probably languish for the better part of a year before being rejected, but I knew that was the game when I sat down at the table, so to speak. Such is life for those of us who are still sadly unagented.
- Along those lines, I’ve decided to try to get an agent. At some point. I want a finished manuscript of a solo-authored novel first, so it might be quite a while before I’m ready to actively pursue this, but for a long time I wasn’t totally sure I wanted to do it at all, because, I don’t know, I’m sort of crazy about this kind of thing and it felt like making some sort of commitment. But I’m committing. Or committing to commit. To looking for something to commit to. You know what, let’s just move on.
- I’ve started working on short fiction again, after a long hiatus for novely things (and then Yuletide happened). The current project is strange and shows signs of becoming frustrating, but it feels good to be back on the horse.
- Secrecy makes my punching hand itch when other people do it, but I hope to have an announcement regarding something exciting and fun at some point soon. We’ll see. I’m hoping.
- Everything’s chugging along. It’s been a pretty good year. I have high hopes for the next one. Warm and snuggly holiday wishes to all.